Eight Easy Ways to Create a Joyful Holiday Atmosphere
Sunday, December 10, 2017
Transform your home into a festive gathering place for family and friends this holiday season. These eight simple decorating ideas will turn your house into a merry residence that’s sure to delight everyone who visits:
- Use presents as décor. Why spend all of that time wrapping gifts to perfection, only to have them torn apart on Christmas morning? Line your staircase with pretty packages or place them around your home for a pop of holiday ambience.
- Get back to nature. Use fresh evergreen boughs for wreaths and garlands. Adorn them with pinecones, berries, or seasonal citrus fruits like oranges and lemons.
- Add unexpected sparkle outdoors. Try draping lights around trellises, landscaping, and fences for an illuminated yard that’s holiday-worthy.
- Go vintage. Make use of your favorite antiques by styling them for the holidays. Pull that old sled out of the garage, get the cast iron tub down from the attic, and dress them with holiday cheer.
- Decorate every nook and cranny. There’s no need to reserve your Christmas décor for the living room. Let the fun flow into every part of your home.
- Build a festive simmer pot. Fill a saucepan with a bit of water and inviting aromatics like cinnamon sticks and apple slices. As the mixture heats, it will fill your home with happy, nostalgic scents.
- Make good use of wreaths. An integral part of the holiday season is the warm welcome wreaths create at your door. Whether it’s a simple circle or a lavish wreath filled with greenery and ribbons, wreaths are versatile decorations that can be used anywhere in the house.
- Don’t forget the garland! Whether it’s simply draped or neatly fitted to the mantel top, garland adds that touch of natural greenery to any holiday theme. Consider dressing up your garland with collections of Christmas garden figures, ornaments, or nutcrackers.
Having a home that welcomes friends and family is all part of the magic of the season. With some creativity and planning, decorating your home for the holidays can be done easily, tastefully, and inexpensively.
How to Sort Through Your Departed Loved One’s Belongings and Keep their Memory Alive
Going through a loved one’s belongings after they have passed away is often difficult but you can make the process easier. Just as there is no right way to grieve, there is no specific time that y...
May is Stroke Awareness Month. Knowing The Warning Signs Could Save Your Life.
This year, recognize Stroke Awareness Month by learning more about stroke prevention and detection. When it comes to strokes, every second counts! Nearly two million brain cells die each minute a ...
If You Can’t Sleep, These Seven Surprising Culprits Might Be to Blame
Do you find yourself lying awake in bed or tossing and turning all night? If you can’t sleep, these sneaky slumber thieves could be the cause. Sleep disorders affect an estimated 33% of Americans....
How Much Do You Know About Senior Home Safety?
While familiar surroundings can be comforting as we grow older, home safety measures require extra attention. Changes that come with the aging process like declining vision, hearing, and bone dens...
Honor Your Departed Loved One with These Creative Outdoor Memorial Ideas
Outdoor memorial ideas can range from basic stones to elaborate gardens. Finding a special way to pay tribute to a departed loved one can bring great comfort. Think about the one who passed on and...
It’s Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month. Here are Seven Important Things to Know.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects nearly 1 million adults in the United States and those numbers are growing. MS is both a complex disease of the central nervous system and an autoimmune condition. ...
Do You Know the Rules for Legally Scattering Ashes?
As more and more people choose cremation, questions about legally scattering ashes are on the rise, too. Ash scattering has become an increasingly popular way to remember the departed. It p...
Four Important Things to Know About the Tax Issues When Losing a Spouse in Pennsylvania
The tax issues when losing a spouse in Pennsylvania are varied and complex. Losing a spouse or life partner is challenging on many levels. In addition to the deep emotional grief and personal loss...
Hobbies and Five Other Activities That Can Help Create a Healthier Brain
Can a healthier brain be as close as your chessboard? The experts say yes. As we age, the structure of the brain changes, which can adversely affect memory and cognition. It can be challenging to ...
Six Helpful Tips for Discussing Your Funeral Plans with Your Family
The most crucial conversations are often the hardest, and discussing your funeral plans with loved ones is a prime example. Talking about your funeral preferences with a spouse, parent, or child i...